Granular Ferric Oxide Filter Media
- $5.95 Flat Fee on all Orders under $25.00
- Alaska and Hawaii extre fee
AquaMaxx Phosphate Out is a granular ferric oxide adsorptive filter media that removes phosphate from aquarium water. Phosphate is a fuel for algae growth and can also inhibit a coral`s ability to utilize calcium in water. Phosphate Out does not leach phosphate back into aquarium water after it has been absorbed by the media.
For best results, use AquaMaxx Phosphate Out inside a canister, hang-on back or other aquarium filtration system. Using a filter media bag is strongly recommended.
Phosphate Out can also be used in fluidized (up-flow) media reactors. A ball valve is required to regulate a slow flow rate through the filter to prevent granules from becoming pulverized.
1/4 gallon = 1 quart = 4 cups of media
- Rinse before use.
- Use 1/2 cup per 50 gallons for saltwater aquariums.
- Test phosphate levels and replace media when levels begin to rise (approximately every 1-3 months).
- As with all ferric oxide media, alkalinity levels may drop when used. Be sure to monitor alkalinity and adjust as needed